Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

The Ghost Owl

The Ghost Owl
 
 
It was a dark night. I was standing outside near the woods. I heard a twig snap so I turned around. I didn't see anything. I heard the wind rustle, it sent a shiver down my neck. I turned around again only to see nothing. Then I heard a screech. A loud and mysterious sounding screech. I saw something, silently flying over. It was pure white. It made absolutely no noise while it flew. I saw it turn and go deeper into the woods. I was curious so I followed it into the woods. I was trying to walk as quietly as I could so that I wouldn't disturb the creature. I was trying to follow it but it could fly so much faster than I could walk. I found myself gradually walking in circles trying to figure out where it had landed. Then I heard a tree move. Several leaves fell slowly to the ground. I looked around and saw a ghostly shape flying again. I ran off after it.
 
Then I heard another screech. This one was louder than the last. I looked up and right above me was an owl-like shape. I gasped at it. It was beautiful. It almost looked like a real ghost. It finally landed on a tree where I could see it. I saw it's dark brown eyes and white heart-shaped face. It was staring right at me. It was alert and slightly nervous looking. I crouched down so I wouldn't scare it. It seemed to calm down somewhat. I didn't dare say anything or move. It started to swivel it's head around. It looked back and then forward at me again. I saw that it was a Barn Owl. A rare type of owl that likes forest and open fields. Slowly it closed it raised it's wings...
 
Then it flew off silently deeper into the woods. I watched it fly away. It was free to fly wherever it wanted to. It was free to hunt and to live. I walked out of the woods to let it have it's peace. So that is could hunt mice and rodents. I will always remember the beauty of it's face and how silent it's wings are.
 
I hope you enjoyed this! -Robin

2 comments:

  1. nothing but AWESOMENESS :D
    your really great at creating stories XD I can't wait for more ^-^
    Furry

    ReplyDelete